Dr. Charles Moore, Director of Emory University’s Urban Health Initiative is featured in HBO’s upcoming documentary, “One Nation Under Stress.” In the 1960s, Americans had among the highest life expectancy in the world. Today, the U.S. ranks near the bottom of major developed nations.
Urban Health Initiative will host the documentary viewing on May 2, 2019 from 6-9pm at the ZuCot Gallery located at 100 Centennial Olympic Park Drive SW Atlanta, GA 30313.
Complimentary hors d'oeuvres will be provided. Please email Brittany Evans at firstname.lastname@example.org for any questions or concerns.
- March 29, 2019 Maternal and Infant Mortality Conference
- January 22, 2019- Health Career Collaborative Kick Off at WHSCAB Auditorium
- UHI Poverty Simulation
When:Saturday, March 2, 2018 from 1-4pm
Where:Atlanta Community Food Bank located at 732 Joseph E. Lowery Blvd, NW Atlanta, 30318.
- Looking for a New Year’s Resolution? What would be a better resolution than to advocate for your patients during the 2019 Legislative Session?!
Join H-STAT on January 12, 2019 from 9:30AM-1PM for our Annual Legislative Training Day to learn from the experts currently advocating for the health of Georgians! This session will provide an overview of the major healthcare bills in GA’s 2019 Legislative Session, as well as give you the tools to effectively engage with policymakers surrounding these issues.
We'll be joined by representatives from the following:
- Georgia American Academy of Pediatrics
- Cover Georgia Coalition
- American College of Physicians
- Experts in Ob/Gyn and Mental Health
- Senator Kay Kirkpatrick (tentatively confirmed)
- And many more!
- Building Programs and Partnerships: A Highlight on the Grady Fruit & Veggie Prescription ProgramFriday, Octorber 19, 2018, 12:00-1:00pm at FOB 101
- HEALing Community Center - Affordable Dental Services
- Walk with a Doc - First Saturday of each month
- Professional Development Lecture Series - Faculty Development:Supporting Careers While Building a Community. Friday, July 20, 2018, 12:00-1:00pm at FOB 101
- Back to School Celebration July 13, 2018, 10-6pm and July 28, 2018, 9-5pm at Wayfield Food Inc. and Healing Community Center. Activities for children 15 and under includes: Free School / Sports Physicals, Free Hearing / Vision Screening, Free Dental Exams / Cleaning, Free School Supplies. Games, activities and hands on learning fun for the whole family!
- Minority Mental Health Symposium July 27, 2018, 9-2pm at K.D. Moore Community Development Center, Inc.
- Men’s Health and Wellness Fair June 9, 2018, 12-4pm Georgia Piedmont Technical College
- Monday, August 21, 12-3PM RSPH Plaza, Rollins 1st Year Activity Fair
- Friday, August 25, 7:30-9:30PM McDonough Field, Emory Undergraduate Activity Fair
- Thursday, August 31, 10-2 Emory Conference Center, Rollins Career Fair
- Monday, September 18, 5:30-8 SOM Room 120, UHI Fall Orientation and Information Session
- Rollins Career Fair February 16 from 10-2 at Emory University Conference Center
- Health Careers Academy - High school STEM students work with Emory School of Medicine students, January 2017
- Saturday, April 16th, help us build a teaching garden: More info here:
- Are you passionate about improving health in your community? Do you like working with kids? Get involved today!
- November 19, 2015 - Silent Dialogues Art Event at Super Giant Community Garden
- November 7, 2015 - River Rendezvous at Proctor Creek
- November 5, 2015 - RING Open Enrollment Kickoff: learn and sign up for affordable health insurance!
- March 26, 2015 - The Emory Urban Health Initiative Social Medicine: The Fourth Annual Social Medicine Forum
- June 19, 2015 - International Health and Outreach: Role in Resident Training by Dominque Cosco
- May 15, 2015 - The Policy of Cost Control and Prevention by David Howard, MPH
- April 17, 2015 - Social Medicine: Elective Projects by Social Medicine Work group
- March 20, 2015 - What’s New in Addiction By Shonali Saha
- February 20, 2015 - Intimate Partner Violence: the Nia Project by Nadine Kaslow/ Larisa Niles-Carnes
- January 16, 2015 - Servant Leadership or Volume to Value Based Payments by John Haupert