Vision Statement: Communities working together to eliminate health disparities and social determinants of health inequity.
Mission Statement: To provide health disparities education and advocacy, build collaborative partnerships and develop best practice models with low-resourced communities and those who work with them to advance equity in health and well-being.
- Leadership: We listen and learn from our community. We approach the systemic causes of community problems and mobilize resources for the common good.
- Equity: We endeavor for health equity, and focus primarily, but not exclusively, on vulnerable populations in the Metro Atlanta area.
- Inclusiveness: We practice and champion inclusiveness in the community at large. We honor diverse strengths, needs, voices, and backgrounds of all members of the UHI and partnering communities.
- Accountability: We serve as stewards for our community investments and honor the charitable intentions of donors to meet current and future research-based community-led needs. We are duty-bound to the highest standards of ethics, integrity, service, and fiduciary responsibility.
Key Strategies and Objectives:
- Education: To train current and future health practitioners to serve in a socially complex world, better able to understand and cooperatively address the problems facing many of their patients/clients and the community at large.
- Community Engagement: Strengthen the capacity and create a sustainable infrastructure of health and community systems to reduce health disparities and create an enabling environment for community health and well-being.
- Research: Develop and test culturally competent and community informed interventions that hold to the highest standards of excellence in community engagement and scholarly research.
Propose a Project